Window washing may not seem like a complicated task but there is a lot to know about finding the right company for your window washing. Window washing takes a lot of time and more skill than many people anticipate. Many homes are built with large windows that span multiple floors and require speciality tools to wash. Avoiding streaks may seem like an easy task but its harder than it seems.
Window washers don’t need a special license to start so it can feel like there are lots of companies offering the service without the skill set needed to get gleaming results. Purchasing window washing equipment does cut out some novice companies but there are still a lot of options out there. Finding the right company requires you to ask the right questions, we have outlined some of the questions you need to ask to ensure you have the right company performing your window washing.
When meeting with a cleaning company you can’t start with “how much does it cost” instead you need to ask more detailed questions to weed out the companies who are in it for a quick buck. More detailed questions about what’s included, licensing, insurance and other specifics can help you find a company that will not only wash your windows but won’t be a liability.
- Always ask for licensing and insurance. A business license issued by the state or city and the proper insurance are important parts of starting a business and can show who is serious about their company. Reputable companies are happy to provide you with a copy of their insurance certificates and business license. Liability insurance is a huge deal when you have people working on your property, if someone is injured and their company doesn’t have the proper insurance the injured party may come after your homeowners insurance. Asking for liability insurance and licensing should be part of your vetting process for any contractor who will be working on your property.
- Check what is included in the service. The rate, what’s included and what cleaning methods they will use should be part of your first conversation with any contractor. Additionally you can inquire about what add ons they may offer for their cleaning services as well as additional services. When comparing bids you will need to consider if you are comparing bids that include the same services. Some window washers also provide services like pressure washing, blind cleaning and repair.
- Vet the company based on reviews, how long they have been in business and the customer service. While new companies can be great, it’s easier to find reviews and see other customers’ experiences in older companies. Established companies likely have run into complications and made it to the other side which speaks a lot about their ability to provide you a quality clean.
- Check in on customer reviews and ask for referrals. Only review services like google, yelp and facebook are a great way to find customers’ experiences with the window washing you are looking into. Consider that some of the highest and lowest reviews should be thrown out because of bias. Testimonials are another great resource and can show the company’s ability to perform high quality work. Asking friends and neighbors for recommendations is another great method to find high quality options for window washers.
- Finally discuss availability. Once you have found a company you are excited about, it’s time to talk about scheduling. Scheduling can take a while especially in the busy months. Let them know when you were hoping to get your cleaning service and see if they can accommodate you. Otherwise you may need to just get added to the schedule when they have availability instead of working around your desired date.
Vetting a window washing service doesn’t have to be complicated. Ask for price transparency, insurance and licensing and check reviews. These steps can help weed out some companies and help you choose the right company for your window washing. Skilled companies with great results are not hard to come by, it just takes a little effort to find them. Deans Window Cleaning offers high quality window washing from skilled technicians. We are licensed, insured and bonded and ready to help with your window cleaning project no matter how big or small.